TARGET, HOLDER & STEEL PROJECTILE TRAP
The UTM Target & Holder is an essential part of the Target Shooting Kit. The Target, Holder & Trap are specifically designed to safely stop and contain the spent UTM projectiles and must be used when shooting UTM Target Ammunition (NOT Safe for use with anything other than UTM Target Ammunition).
The UTM Target, Holder and Trap includes 3 paper targets, 1 Nylon Coated Vinyl Holder, 1 Steel Projectile Trap (fits behind the target) and two Bungee Cord Target Hangers.
The Holder and Trap are made of steel and collects all fired projectiles – allowing for easy clean up. Once you have finished firing, simply slide out the cardboard targets provided and then empty all the spent projectiles that have collected in the steel trap and holder. This protects the surrounding areas and makes clean-up a snap! No more sweeping and endlessly picking up spent projectiles!
The Nylon Coated Vinyl Holder makes it easy to mount the Target and Trap anywhere, with the included Flex Bungee Cords – making shooting at home, at the range or virtually anywhere easy and completely mobile – giving you the flexibility to set up multiple targets, or continuously move your targets around to give you diversity in your practice and training sessions.
The UTM Civilian Target Ammunition (CTA) is the safest, most reliable and accurate alternative to live ammunition – ideal for beginners, recreational and competition shooters without the need to go to the range.
Whether you are a off duty police officer, hunter, competition shooter, gun safety instructor or simply someone who enjoys the shooting sports, the UTM Target Shooting Round will revolutionize and enhance how you practice and the target shooting industry. Now you have the freedom to target shoot virtually anywhere you want, when you want, practice and improve your skills and proficiency on your terms, and not use a single round of your live ammunition stock. *
The UTM Target Shooting Round is the safest, most reliable and accurate alternative to live ammunition – ideal for beginners, recreational and competition shooters without the need to go to the range.
CTA Allows you to:
- Easily convert your AR-15 style weapon to fire UTM Target Shooting Round in seconds
- Simple Bolt Carrier Group exchange – No Gunsmithing
- The converted weapon will not fire standard .223/5.56mm – mitigating accident, injury and potentially catastrophic incidents
- Safely shoot virtually anywhere – no range needed
- Freedom from live fire restrictions
- Virtually NO weapon fouling, Non-Toxic, Lead Free, Environmentally Friendly!
- Normal weapon function, recoil and realistic & consistent cyclic rates
- Intended for all responsible gun owners, Novice to Professionals
- Train those new to firearms in weapon safety and basics
- Replaces dry fire and enhances live fire practice for professional & recreational shooters
- Improve your skills & proficiency safely with your own weapon: accuracy, trigger & breath control, sight alignment, clearing malfunctions, magazine reloads and more…
With lower velocities and projectile weight, the UTM Target Shooting Round is designed for complete safety and reliability, bringing target practice with your weapon to a whole new level – without the need for a range and free from live fire restrictions. The UTM Target Shooting Round utilizes the same core technology the U.S. Military, Special Forces and Law Enforcement Agencies have been using in their operational weapons during training for nearly a decade.
- Plastic projectile weighs less than 1 gram
- Average velocity of 375 fps at the muzzle
- Outstanding Short Range Accuracy, .223/5.56mm ammunition = 1.18” group at 32 yards
- Noise level at 113db – hearing protection recommended
- No Gunpowder – primer actuated systems
- UNIQUE patented, proprietary and exclusive dual primer system and projectile driving band system.
- The UTM Target Shooting Round Conversion WILL NOT fire standard .223/5.56mm live rounds because of its offset firing pin design
- Cartridge technology has over a 99% reliability as certified by the U.S. Army’s Picatinny Arsenal