This is important to us and we’re committed to bringing you not only the best and highest quality products available but also the most responsible.
UTM’s Primer and Power load Cartridge System is the first to isolate the large amount of operational energy needed to cycle the weapon from the small amount of energy required for propelling the projectile or producing noise. The UTM Cartridge System only expels a small amount of energy, which in turn produces a minimal amount of emissions.
UTM MMR and TBR Ammunition Advantages:
- All UTM Man-Marker Rounds (MMR) and UTM Target Bullet Rounds (TBR) use only a single primer for projectile propulsion. While some gas has to be released for propulsion there is virtually no barrel emissions. (Adequate ventilation required)
- Using the UTM MMR and TBR Systems allows for, pistols, submachine guns, assault rifles or machine guns to be used safely within indoor environments and at close range.
- UTM ammunition releases minimal quantities of gas and can normally be used inside buildings without the need for extensive air handling equipment.
- No lead exposure from projectiles – UTM’s projectiles are aluminum – NO LEAD.
- UTM projectiles are powered by a primer only.
- UTM training ammunition uses aluminum or aluminum and plastic projectiles eliminating lead exposure contracted from the use of lead projectiles.
UTM Blank Ammunition Advantages:
Emission free UTM blanks are simulator compatible. The UTM Blank System allows for the use of most types of barrel mounted lasers.
- UTM Silent Blanks (SBR) have no front primer and are emission free.
- UTM SBR omit zero emissions, while maintaining weapon function.
- UTM SBR allows for the use of simulators that require the weapons barrels to be blocked by a laser.
- UTM Battlefield Blanks (BBR) use only the front primer for the production of noise with minimal emissions from the weapons barrel.
UTM BBR (LBR) can be used with all versions of MILES gear or SAAB.
CLEAN-UP & DISPOSAL
UTM spent ammunition allows for easy clean up and is environmentally safe, Non-Hazardous waste.
- UTM’s Man-Marker (MMR) projectiles use a Non-Toxic marking compound.
- UTM MMR marking compound can be simply cleaned from hard surfaces by wiping with a soft cloth. Some surfaces may require the use of commercially available household cleaners to aid in removal.
- All UTM ammunition products allow for easy facility clean up, simply sweep up spent UTM cartridges and projectiles and dispose of them in common waste (USA) or in accordance with local or agency SOP’s, laws or regulations on disposal.
- Spent UTM cartridges and projectiles fit the category of solid dry waste, local landfill disposable.
Extensive testing (TCLP Test) has shown that the heavy metal levels found in spent UTM ammunition are far below that of the North American Regulatory Characteristics for metals according to U.S. Federal EPA and New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) criteria, therefore the spent cases fit the solid waste category of dry industrial waste and as such, can be disposed of at a Non-Hazardous Subtitle D Facility (e.g. any local landfill site).